Monday, April 16, 2012

Foundations

I have not been sleeping well these last few nights. Elsa has been restless and squirmy and waking up and half-waking up A LOT. Developmental spurt? Teething? Sickness? All of the above? Probably. It makes for one tired Mama.

Last night was particularly unpleasant. I drifted in and out of sleep all night as she kept waking up or waking me up by squirming around. At one point she even bonked me in the face with her noggin. Ouch.

But there wasn't much I could do, so I just nursed her and tried to keep sleeping. At one point I was having very vivid dreams and when I was woken up by Elsa, I remembered what I was dreaming about....foundations. There were rock foundations in fields full of flowers, intricately created rock formations, strong and steady. Strange dream.

Strange and symbolic. I was getting very inpatient last night. But I snuggled her close and closed my eyes. Perhaps these dreams were my heart's way of telling me I am creating a strong foundation for my baby girl {and for all my kiddos}...that will be there for all their lives. Strong foundations, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!